Wednesday 22 March 2017

The Journey is More Important Art Journal Layout :D


A more muted journal page using this gorgeous Woodware bike stamp, I got this as a Christmas prezzie :D And I thought as it had some birds on it, why not combine it with one of the crazy birds from the Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamp set :D "The Journey is More Important than the Destination" :D

There's lots of layer building on this journal layout as always lol, but I started with a background I created ages ago using some Dylusions ink sprays Slate Grey, Chopped Pesto and Polished Jade :D I then added to this with some stamping and ink blending using a combination of Cracked Pistachio, Evergreen Bough and Twisted Citron Distress Inks, and also by using some Aquamarine Nuvo Mousse on the Tiny Circle Gel Press Plate, and also some of the Spring Green Tonic Nuvo Mousse on some bubble wrap too :D When it came to colouring my bike image, and the crazy bird, I wanted some more muted tones, so I went with some Tim Holtz Distress Markers, using a mixture of the neat colour, and also a waterbrush to blend the colour out too :D For the quote, I used my usual combination of stickers and stamping, and as my doodled element, I emulated parts of the bike stamp, and duplicated them around the page to tie everything together, including the tiny little birds too, it just brought the whole page together :D For the final touches, I used some white gel pen, added in my date with a roller date stamp, used some of my homemade sticky back glitter which I cut into hearts, and I also used some Emerald Green Glimmer Paste to add a foliage feel to the ground on my page :D Hope you liked today's layout! There'll be another one next week :D

To see the process behind this art journal page, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel ArTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Also if this is the first of my channels that you've found, and you're also interested in Card Making, why not pop over to my other channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D

Plenty more photos below :D  













No comments:

Post a Comment