Wednesday 29 March 2017

Never Let Go Art Journal Layout :D


A dream catcher Art Journal Layout inspired by a card I made ages ago on my CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl channel :D I loved that card so much, and as soon as I saw the gorgeous feather stamps in this free stamp set from issue 41 of Creative Stamping I knew I just had to re-create the card as a journal layout!! :D There's quite a lot of layers to this journal layout, and I won't explain everything as you can see what I did in the video below :D

So I started with an ink spray background that I created ages ago, then I started by sketching out my dream catcher (using the card I previously made as inspiration :D) and a large pair of compasses and some Tonic circle layering dies too :D I then layered up some stencils using Distress Inks, and some stamping again using coordinating colours, then some damask patterns using some Nuvo Mousse :D I then added my quote using a couple of different alphabets, it was important for this layout that I added the quote at this point rather than nearer the end, because I wanted the feathers to nestle around the words :D I then stamped on all my feathers, imagining in my head how they would be moving in a breeze :D I then penciled in some strings and the rest of the detail on the dream catcher, then I went over everything with a black pen, and in some places I went over again later with a fatter black pen to make the outlining stand out more and coordinate better with the thick bold font of the quote :D I finally added finishing touches like discs of Tonic glitter (which I had applied to a wide piece of double sided in a previous video, then I just cut it into whatever shapes I want) some Stickles glitter glue, think I used Fruit Punch :D I also added some doodling with my white gel pen, extra black outlines to the circles of glitter and finally my date stamp :D Hope you liked the layout :D I love that I started my ArTi channel as it means I have an excuse to do more art journalling, rather than neglecting this hobby, I've added it to my video schedule so I get to make a layout every week :D :D :D

Main products used in this video:
Creative Stamping Issue 41 - Ultimate Crafts A4 Stamp Set 
Dylusions Ink Sprays - Funky Fuchsia, Tangerine Dream and Cherry Pie
Distress Ink - Black Soot, Spiced Marmalade and Abandoned Coral
Creative Expressions Clear Stamps by Lisa Horton - Arty Background
That Special Touch Mask - Droplets
That Special Touch Mask -Damask
Altenew Calligraphy Alphabet Stamp Set
Papermania Leftovers Alphabet Stamp Set
Tonic Studios Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Peony Pink
Tonic Studios Nuvo Sparkle Dust - Snow Glow
Hero Arts Ink Pads - Orange Soda, Pale Tomato and Ultra Pink
Avery Elle - It's Your Time to Soar Stamp Set

Sorry if the links above don't work, I'm experimenting :D 

To see the process behind this art journal page, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel ArTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Also if this is the first of my channels that you've found, and you're also interested in Card Making, why not pop over to my other channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D

The card I previously made, that inspired this journal layout :D

 

Loads more photos below :D












No comments:

Post a Comment