Sunday 12 March 2017

Melting Tonic Embossing Powders :D


A quick video showing the first time I used my new little melting stove, experimenting with melting down some Tonic Nuvo embossing powders with some Ultra Thick Clear Embossing Powder :D I created some Fleur De Lis Embellishments to use on an Art Journal Layout (the full video for the layout will be on this channel on Wednesday :D)

To create the embellishments, I started by adding a bit of Ultra Thick Clear Powder to a metal Jam Tart tin (make sure to pinch one side to make a spout to pour the molten powder from), and then I let this melt on the stove (Look how brave I was in the video lighting my own candles!! I'm quite scared of fire lol, but I did it lol :D) I then used those cute little purple spoons that come in those Cadbury eggs :D to spoon out some of my Nuvo powders, (I think I only used a spoon of each and that made 7 embellishments, so it goes quite far :D) I used Purple Haze (610N), Cool Jade (608N) and also the Shimmering Pearl (599N) to add a bit of glitter :D In this quick video you only see the process of me melting the powder and making the embellishments (using a Heritage Wax Seal set that I got from Hampton Court Palace! I really love Fleur De Lis, and I thought this would be perfect for pushing into to molten embossing powders :D) But stay tuned for Wednesday's video where I used the embellishments on the Journal Layout in the photos, I used a combination of Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Waxes in Teal, Amethyst and Vintage Plum, and also some black acrylic paint to decorate them further, and make them tie in seamlessly with the Layout :D I decided to make this an extra little video, so that I could make the footage slower so you can see what I'm doing :D Hope you liked the video :D

To see the process behind these melted embossing powder embellishments, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel ArTi PoTeNTiAl :D



More photos below, including the layout I used these embellishments on, the full video for this layout will be on my ArTi channel on Wednesday too :D 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment