Thursday 9 March 2017

Even a Snail Art Journal Layout :D


A fun almost fantasy looking Art Journal Layout today using the phenomenally gorgeous Snail stamp and die set from Spellbinders :D I love this set so much, and I had so much fun creating this entire scene using it :D I love how you can just stamp parts of the Mushroom to make it look like it's a completely different stamp, and that you can elongate the stalk too :D

This was a background in my big 8x8 art journal that I coloured ages ago, and I was attempting a transition of colours going from Funky Fuchsia to Purple Twilight to Polished Jade with a smidgen of Slate Grey thrown in, and I really liked the way it turned out :D I'd also added some ghosting and extra ink sprays through some different stencils too, but I'd never done anything with it, and as I was flicking through deciding which page to use, I thought why not mix it up a bit and create a fantasy Art Journal Layout using the Mushroom, Snails and Crystals :D So this is what I did :D I started off by stamping out all my images straight onto the background, masking areas to get elements in front or behind each other, and also extending the stamps, or altering the stamps so that they fitted into my idea :D I also stamped the snails straight onto the page, but later decided that they didn't stand out enough (as they are the foal point because the quote is about them lol) so I stamped them on some white card the cut them out and stuck them straight over the top :D

For all the colouring, I simply used the same colours of Dylusions spray inks, I tipped a little bit out of the bottle into a palette, then painted the images :D I like to use a watered down version of the inks when creating a background, but I did find that the watered down ones weren't dark enough for colouring the images, so I used the full strength versions in the end, and once it was all dry, I came back in with a few ProMarkers to add some extra depth, and also some white gel pen to add some highlights too :D Once the colouring was done I embellished the rest of the background using some Tonic products, the Nuvo mousse, through a stencil and splatted on, and also some of the sparkle dust burnished into some double sided tape, then cut into triangles :D For the quote, I attempted some brush scripty font, and I combined this with the Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABC alphabet stamp set too :D And I really love the way it turned out :D As the final finishing touches I added some Morning Dew Nuvo Crystal Drops, some wink of Stella and also some Clear 3D gloss too :D I hope you liked the layout :D There will be another one next Wednesday, and there might even be an extra video on Sunday, I just need to edit it first lol :D :D :D

Main products used in this video :D
Snail Stamp and Die Set From the Earth Air Water Collection By Stephanie Low 
Dylusions Ink Sprays - Slate Grey, Polished Jade and Funky Fuchsia (plus Purple Twilight Colorwash Spray)
Tonic Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Aquamarine
Tonic Bevelled Diamond 6x6 Stencil
Tonic Nuvo Sparkle Dust - Snow Glow
Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops - Morning Dew
Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black
Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABC alphabet stamp set
Faber Castell PITT Pens
Some Promarkers
Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen
Anita's Clear 3D Gloss
Signo Uni Ball Broad White Gel Pen

I think that's most of the products I used, I'm trying to add a list of products into my YouTube descriptions and Blog posts now, and I'll do my best to list everything I can remember :D :D :D

To see the process behind this art journal page, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel ArTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Also if this is the first of my channels that you've found, and you're also interested in Card Making, why not pop over to my other channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D and if your just interested in another project using this gorgeous Spellbinders stamp and die set, then I posted a card making video called 'Happy Belated Birthday Spellbinders Snail' which is below :D 



Plenty more photos below :D 












No comments:

Post a Comment