Thursday 16 March 2017

Take Time to Stop Art Journal Layout :D


Take time to stop & smell the flowers :D A journal layout based around fleur de lis :D If you're interested in how I made the melted embossing powder embellishments, there was a video showing how I made them a few days ago on this channel :D Do you get the reference of using the little skunk on this layout? My mum got it straight away, but my Dad and Sister were clueless lol .... The little skunk in Bambi is called Flower :D :D :D I'd literally just got my order through from Seven Hills the morning I made this layout, and I'd brought this cute little Lawn Fawn stamp set, and thought it would be perfect as a cute little character on this layout :D

The initial background was made ages ago using Dylusions ink sprays, with ghosting, spraying through stencils and a bit of stamping as well I think, it was so long ago, I can't remember lol :D I started adding more layers to the background by die-cutting some Spellbinders dies from funky foam and stamping with them using Distress Inks, I then decided to use this gorgeous fleur de lis stencil and apply some Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Polish through it, I didn't want to ruin the applicator it comes with by squishing it through the openings, so I cut a small piece of cut n dry foam and used that instead so I could apply as much pressure as I wanted :D The applicator that it comes with is great to just catching the raised areas of an embossing folder, so I want to keep it nice for that purpose :D :D :D Anyway, this gilding polish works great like this :D :D :D I then added some stamping with a really old stamp set (literally so old that when I came to use it the photo polymer stamps had cracked in half :/ and this is one of my favourite stamp sets too :( but anyway, I just persevered and stamped it as it was and it's not too noticeable :D) And I also added some doodling too, I mustn't forget to add the doodling as this was always my favourite part of the page when I was Art Journalling at Uni, I tend to use so many products on a page now, I forget the simple things lol :D

I added my quote using some old Me to You cardstock alphabet stickers which I coloured black with a sharpie, and I also used some small round alphabet stickers I got from Paperchase too :D Oh, in the background I also experimented with flicking on some Gilding Wax! Yes gilding Wax! I just got the Creative Expressions Blending solution, so I mixed some of that with the Gilding Wax and managed to flick it over the background :D :D :D I love experimenting :D I'd also added some Gilding Wax to the embossing powder embellishments and around the perimeter of the double page too :D I also used some Sparkle Dust, Glimmer Paste and Nuvo Crystal Drops to decorate the page, all in purple and blue tones to go with the colour scheme :D To add some white, I used a White Gel pen, and a few layers back I'd also flicked on some black and white acrylic paint too, back when I added the black acrylic to the embossing powder embellishments :D And finally I stamped, coloured and cut out the adorable little skunk :D I've wanted this set for ages and finally caved :D :D Hope you like this weeks layout :D

Main products used in this video:
Dylusions ink sprays - Calypso Teal, Crushed Grape (then also Purple Twilight Colorwash)
Spellbinders Royal Circles
Spellbinders Platinum Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine
Standard Platinum Cutting Plates
Spellbinders Gilded Life
Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Polish - Mediterranean Blue
Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Wax - Amethyst, Vintage Plum and Teal
Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Wax Blending Solution 
That Special Touch Random Fleur De Lys Mask
Tonic Glimmer Paste - Tanzanite Lavender (959N)
Tonic Nuvo Sparkle Dust - Paradise Blue (545N)and Cosmo Berry (541N)
Tonic Embossing Powders - Simmering Pearl (599N), Purple Haze and Cool Jade (608N)
Nuvo Crystal and Glitter Drops - Purple Rain (751N), Sweet Lilac (668N) and Crushed Grape (662N)
Distress Ink - Wilted Violet, Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers
Dawn Bibby Flower Patch stamps
Lawn Fawn Stinkin' Cute stamp set

I've tried to list as many things as I can remember lol :D I'm attempting to write out a main products list on every post on both my blogs now, I wonder how long I can keep it up lol :D

To see the process behind this art journal page, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel ArTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Making the embellishments :D



Also if this is the first of my channels that you've found, and you're also interested in Card Making, why not pop over to my other channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D

Tonnes and tonnes more photos below :D I think I get a little carried away with the amount of photos I take lol :D
















No comments:

Post a Comment