Wednesday 17 May 2017

Pure Imagination Art Journal Layout :D


'There is no life I know to compare to pure imagination' Love this quote from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :D I started off with an ink spray background, that already had some stamping on it in my 6x6 art journal (I coloured all the pages in one of my 6x6 journals a while ago, but never go round to finishing the pages, that's why a lot of my videos start with a pre-coloured page :D) I started with a little bit of Distress Oxide stamping, and then I added my quote using a mixture of alphabet stickers :D I used the Truly Scrumptious stamp set along with a few others to create the basis for my scene, then I drew in the ground and any extra lolly sticks with a fine black pen :D

To add colour to the elements in my scene, I used the Tonic Aquaflow pens, I was recently sent these by Tonic Studios (Thanks so much!!!) And I've been really impressed with them!! You can still even get a blend with them when working on really absorbent paper (like the crappy thin paper in this sketch book from Tiger lol) And a cool thing I discovered (this works best with the purple Aquaflow) if you paint over the top of Distress Oxide, it oxidises that section (so partial oxidation!!) I thought this was really cool!! And I'll be using this technique again in a video on my CRaFTi channel later this week :D I tested it with a few different colours of the Aquaflow pens, but the purple by far gives the whitest oxidation :D I carried on embellishing my layout with the addition of some Embellishment Mousse, some Glimmer Paste, and also the Aqua Glimmer Gloss pen too :D I finally added the finishing touches with a white gel pen (I think this really brings the page to life!!) and a few circles of glittered double sided tape (I make this with the Nuvo Sparkle dust :D) Hope you like the layout :D :D :D

Main products used:
Creative Stamping Issue 39 - Truly Scrumptious
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Pacific Teal and Royal Aubergine
Nuvo Glimmer Paste - Sapphire Blue and Amethyst Purple
Nuvo Sparkle Dust - Paradise Blue
Nuvo Aquaflow Pens
Dylusions Ink Sprays - Calypso Teal, Crushed Grape and Purple Twilight (Colorwash)
That Special Touch Masks - Lattice and Every Which Way
DYMO labeller
Apple Blossom Floral Frames Sentiment Stamp Set
Spellbinders Stephanie Low Snail Stamp and Die Set
Distress Oxide - Wilted Violet and Broken China

I think that's the majority of the products I used :D I only filmed this yesterday, and I still struggle to remember lol :D

To see the process behind this art journal page, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel ArTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Also if this is the first of my channels that you've found, and you're also interested in Card Making, why not pop over to my other channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D

Tonnes more photos below :D












No comments:

Post a Comment