Wednesday 22 February 2017

Be a Flamingo Art Journal Layout :D


A bright and vibrant Art Journal layout today featuring an old Creative Stamping freebie along with a load of Tonic products too :D 'Be a Flamingo in a Flock of Pigeons' I just had to use this quote along with the gorgeous flamingo stamp from the set :D This was a page in my small 6 inch square journal, which I had coloured ages ago (literally a year or two) with Dylusions spray inks and I'd done a bit of ghosting, and stamping and doodling in the background, then I just started building up some more layers :D I started by using some Peony Pink Embellishment Mousse on my Gelli plate, and pressing an embossed piece of card onto it to get the texture (Flamingo Embossing Folder from Couture Creations :D) I then printed this onto both pages in my Journal :D I've just brought a set of the mini Gel Press plates, and I can't wait to use them in my journal too :D

I used the flamingo stamp as my focal element to go along with the saying, and I stamped him directly onto the page, as well as onto some white card, so that I colour him in and cut him out and add him on top :D I then used the tail portion of the tropical bird from the set, and added some stamping around the edges of the double page :D I continued to add little details, then I added my quote, for this I like to use a real mixture of fonts and stickers and stamps too :D For this saying I used two different sets of really old Papermaina alphabet stickers and also the little round ones too, which are from Paperchase :D I like to colour the alphabets in with a black sharpie so that everything coordinates together :D I used a black sparkle pen to draw in some ground, and add a thicker border, and I also doodled some dots in the background with black and white pens, and some of these circles were around some glitter stickers that I made :D Simply take a piece of wide double sided tape and lay it sticky side up on the table, then add some Tonic Sparkle dust and burnish it in, then you can cut it to any shape you'd like and adhere them down, I love this Snow Glow colour that I used on this page :D Then my final finishing touch was using the Beautiful Bokeh Tonic stencil and some Tonic Golden Crystal Glimmer Paste towards the top of the spread :D I hope you liked today's page, don't forget to pop back next Wednesday for another Art Journal Layout video :D

To see the process behind this art journal page, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel ArTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



Tonnes more photos below :D












No comments:

Post a Comment